Sunday, June 16, 2013

Bike gear, bags, burgers, & boxes...

It's been a highly productive and enjoyable day...
We didn't get to REI yesterday in the end, as Tom's ordered item that was being sent there didn't arrive until today... So today was the day I got to go to my most favorite store...




The day started at Menards, where we picked up some empty cardboard boxes to pack our bike bags and camping gear into for the flight tomorrow. There we found a perfect tool for banging in our tent pegs. We haven't told him yet, but Will is going to be the one carrying it..!




After Menards, we hit REI so I could get the few last minute items I needed, including the cleats I'd forgotten. They are looking shiny & new on my new Pearl Izumi shoes... But that won't last long.








We searched a few bike shops for the new handlebar bag I needed too, as we came up short on that item at REI. Whilst looking around one of the bike shops, Tom found a nice new pump for Will to also carry on the ride...




Unfortunately, although a great bike shop with a small selection of bags, the second store still didn't have what I was looking for, so we decided to grab some food and ponder our next move.
Lunch was a glorious, long awaited treat at another much loved American classic fast food joint, Arby's.








On our third try, we found a bike shop that actually had a good range of handlebar bags, so I picked a nice Topeak one of good size, with various handy pockets and overall good functionality. Sorted.
This afternoon, Tom and I got all our gear packed into the boxes, and have them all loaded into his Blazer, ready for tomorrow morning when big bro Steve-o drives us down to the airport and we head north. Way north! Will is primed and ready to go too... We just spoke with him for a last minute gear-check, and he is set.
So by this time tomorrow, the Roadwarriors will be welcoming the newest member, Roadwarrior-Candidate Will to the team.
Undoubtedly, pictures will be taken!
More soon.
RWK,
OUT!
- Posted using BlogPress from my amazing iPhone 5.

Location:2nd St NE,Columbia Heights,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment